GPSFileDepot.com

Just ran the topo process beta to compile contours and...

Started by erik.the.awful, December 21, 2008, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erik.the.awful

Just ran the topo process beta to compile contours and it spat out one single very small prj file. Hard to believe that over 8gb of geotiffs could crunch down to less than 200 bytes. Is there some step I am missing or did it load the data to my postGIS? I did compile it all as one file, I still have the original DEMs do I need to recompile?

-Erik

-Oz-

I would uncheck the compile as one file.  I haven't actually tested that function, it was a logical guess.

Secondly; lets make sure the folders are setup how they're supposed to be:
in your folder full of dems you should have something like:
and inside each one should be the tif file and all the sub files.

The small prj means it did try to run.  Does your postgresql setup use a password or blank?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

erik.the.awful

I am assuming that it should be leaving an .mp file for every geotiff as long as it isn't checked to produce one file. I restarted the service and went to pgadminIII and found that all of the databases were x'd out. I typed in my password in the admin tool and it brought them up and allowed me to access them through admin. I am rerunning the contour function today while I am at work. It should be noted that I am seeing it build several files while the process is running but when it concludes there are only .prj files left.

-Oz-

i'm thinking that its a password thing.

these will be .shp files not .mp.

It'd be best to remove the need for a password from postgresql.

Go to this tutorial: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/installing-and-setting-up-postgresql-with-postgis/

Step 13 and below shows you how to make it not need a password.  Make sure you stop the service, then reload the configuration file, then start the service.

Let me know if that helps.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

erik.the.awful

okay thanks a bunch the program is making shapefiles now. :) For some reason I also had to to edit the other connection line to allow it to trust and opened up a port on the firewall as well. I used the one click postgres installer  and I guess that gave me a little hell. That topo process program is nice and was needed to since the dem2topo runtime files are nearly impossible to get.

BTW I requested the hydrology data for the quads on Sunday and still haven't gotten any of the emails back from the server. How long does it take usually before they send them? When should I resubmit my request?

Thanks,
Erik

-Oz-

Glad its working now.

If you haven't gotten them by now I would resubmit the request.  It normally takes 24hrs or so but it seems like on the weekend they get innundated and lots of requests get lost.  It really is the most obnoxious part.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!