GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mapsource, Windows 7 and SE_Topo

Started by Cino, February 23, 2010, 11:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cino

Having a problem with getting SE Topo from GPS File Depot to work with Garmin Mapsource on Windows 7.

This worked well on an older system I had that was running Windows XP and Mapsource version 6.15.4.

I just installed it on a Windows 7 system with Mapsource version 6.15.11 and it simply crashes Mapsource. Can't get anything out of it at all. If I uninstall SE Topo, Mapsource returns to normal.

I had initially thought that it was a Windows 7 thing but I am beginning to think it might be a Mapsource thing, except that I don't have an earlier version of Mapsource to test anymore. Has anyone else noticed this or not?

Seldom

MapSource in Win7 is a disaster.  It's been a "known issue" at Garmin since October 2009.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=3059

Try BaseCamp.  Still crashes but only 1/3 as often.

-Oz-

yea, I can only get basecamp to work; the newest versions will allow you to see custom maps.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Its operating for me on win7 which is a nice change :)
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

I do like it; you'll be rather familiar with a lot of it because of your mac experience
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

astainback

I can't get NEtopo to work right either.
I need VA maps, and well, it ain't working.
Oh well.
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR

Seldom

Try MapSource 6.16.0.3 beta.  The betas have been reasonably stable.  The 6.15.xx versions crashed.