GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Trails are being doubled, why

Started by xinull, March 30, 2010, 07:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xinull

seldom_sn: What's OP?  and what exactly will extending all elements up to level 0 do?  I'll try it later tomorrow

astewart: Thanks, i'll also try those steps tomorrow, i have to get some sleep right now :)

Seldom

Quote from: xinull on March 30, 2010, 08:52:43 PM
what exactly will extending all elements up to level 0 do?
It should make the tracks show only on the lowest level.

Jimbob

I have tried to duplicate this problem but have had no sucess. The only thing different is I'm using an older version of MapSettoolKit. There is a change in the latest version that OP is using. Why not try an older version, should be able to locate one on the net. Don't remember the date but the lastest version is quite recent.
A tip that may help if your 60cs is like my 60csx. Use your daily track log to record your tracks and just turn it off when you have to double back or go thru an area already recorded, then turn it back on when you want to start a new track. All tracks will still be in one file as long as it's the same day.
No editing required
LUCK

Seldom

You may just be looking at a cpreview basemap on a transparent map.  If you try setting your map to "semi-transparent" rather than "transparent", it hides the basemap but reads as a transparent map on your GPSr.

It worked here:
http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,1105.msg7035.html#msg7035

The difference in MSTK versions could be significant.  If Jimbob is using a version old enought so that doesn't generate a cpreview he wouldn't see the basemap.  Or he just might be compiling with Transparent=S.

freecat

xinull
I had a similar issue with overview and the maps selection tool in mapsource with maps made with gpsmapedit, Well it looked kind of like the pic you posted. I had to add a map coverage area (invisible) to the map area to get it to work right.
0x004b  polygon others map coverage area
This made the preview file work right as well as the map selection area as well. not sure if this is causing your problems but its work a try.
Freecat