News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Can't unlock maps message

Started by jcocci, March 16, 2010, 11:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcocci

Hello all,

I am trying to upload the Washington State topo map that I downloaded from this site. I am using the mac version of basecamp. I installed the maps into the software without any issues and can use it with no problem. However, when I go to install the maps on my GPS with the mapinstall program , after the it finishes and the GPS restarts I get a cannot unlock map error message. THe map supposedly isn't and I didn't have to unlock it in basecamp. It does indeed load the img file as I can see it. I have the latest version of mapinstall and I am trying to load this to a Oregon 400t. Yes, I know it comes loaded with the US topo, but I wanted to check out this map as well. Any thoughts? Am i missing some thing obvious? Thanks.

jcocci

Yes, that one. Mapinstall 2.1.5 Basecamp 2.1.1

-Oz-

Do you have any other maps installed in basecamp?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

jcocci

Yes and I can transfer them all without any issues, well other than city navigator as that's unlocked to a specific gps.

-Oz-

My only thought is that you accidently transferred some of City Navigator.  But I assume you've re-transferred the washington map which would clear all the others.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

jcocci

Yeah, I don't think I did that. I've tried this a few times with the same result. I don't really need the washington map on there as I have the Oregon 400t which has US topo installed, but wanted to have an option. Now its more just trying to figure out why its not working.

Boyd

I wonder if this is just a bug in the Mac version of the software. I'm pretty sure that I've seen similar threads before. Do you also have Windows on your Mac, or access to a Windows machine? If so, see if you can load it with Mapsource.

jcocci

Yes, I windows on my mac and mapsource. That was my next step.

jcocci

I was able to load the maps through mapsource and have them stay unlocked. So it must be a glitch with Bascamp. Thanks for everyone's responses.