GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Need help in using Garmin's Tracback feature!!

Started by rugerr, March 10, 2010, 09:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rugerr

HI, I would greatly appreciate any help in learning how to use the Tracback feature on my Vista, hcx!!  I know what it is suppose to do but don't how how to setup that feature.  Thanks!!

-Oz-

When you're hiking and leaving a track behind you can use "trackback" to have it guide you back to any point (normally the start) along your track.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

You can also load tracks from other sources and Track Back over them as if they were routes.

rugerr

I need to know what to use on the setup page!  It has like distance, time or auto, I don't really understand that part!  Thanks, much appreciated!!

Seldom

Distance, time, and Auto are track LOGGING parameters.  Nothing to do with Tracback.

Log by distance records a track point at the distance you specify.
Log by time records a track point at the time you specify.
Auto selects a record method appropriate to the speed at which you are moving.  Closely spaced at pedestrian speeds, further apart at vehicular speeds.

You can log by distance to reduce track recording while you eat lunch on the trail.  It's amazing how far you can go while sitting still if you  record by Auto or by time.  But either of those is much better to use when you are traveling in a car.

rugerr

Can't thank you enough, that was exactly what I wanted to know!!!