GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

NH Topo map

Started by savage, December 15, 2008, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage

A New Hampshire topo map is available for download at http://www.gameandfishnetwork.com/Content/pid=5.html

Please post comments and questions on this thread or this forum: http://www.gameandfishnetwork.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=37.html

smr260

Is anybody else having the units problem that occurred on the Maine Topo?

-Oz-

Yes, anyone; did it occur on the New Hampshire topo as well?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

savage

The NH topo map should be fine.
I will regenerate the ME one soon.

smr260

The units problem did occur for me. 

savage

Did it occur on the NH topo map as well? If so, Oz there is a bug in the process.

-Oz-

Yea, if it did occur; are we sure it occurred yet?
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

smr260

-Oz-

sure enough, you're correct.

Alright, lets solve this; things to check:
1. What program are you using to make the contours, global mapper?
2. If it is global mapper go to tools>configure> the vertical options tab; make sure elevation display/export units is statute (ft).  I would bet that is the main problem
3. Remake just the broken quad and check it.

The other thing is to try out my beta topo process program.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Thanks. I had this set wrong. I will redo NH now. This is a small one to do.

-Oz-

yea, took me forever to find that in Arizona.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

I use your "topo process" for the contours in NH and also for the contours in the southern section of ME. I used GM to combine all the data?

savage

I am trying to fix the NH map, but now I am getting an "Unknown Area Type" in a couple of places in one of the .MP files. Since this is a very localized error I think it is safe to assume this might be a real error as opposed to a user error? I think those are related to federal land, possibly Indian reservation. I say that because of the associated name. Also the group after the "Unknown Area Type" is labeled "U.S. Naval Survival Escape and Evasion Training Facility". Sounds like Federal stuff to me?

-Oz-

Yea, definitely federal.  can you attach the federal land you're using?  Then I can see what its not handling.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Oz, did you look into the Unknown Area Type? I am now regenerating NH without those 3 areas. It seems the elevations are now OK (no need to bring supplemental oxygen to cross NH). I hope to have this one done this week-end.