GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Install problem

Started by Jimbob, March 08, 2010, 10:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Trying to make installer exe. file. Completed text script but when I run the nsis compiler the script ends with these error messages.

It is recommended that you close all other applications before starting Setup.  This will make it possible to update relevant system files without having to reboot your computer.

Click Next to continue."
!insertmacro: MUI_PAGE_WELCOME
Error while loading icon from "${INSTALL_ICON}": can't open file
Error in macro MUI_INTERFACE on macroline 64
Error in macro MUI_PAGE_INIT on macroline 3
Error in macro MUI_PAGE_WELCOME on macroline 5
Error in script "C:\release_version_1.00\Gila TM Proposal.nsi" on line 52 -- aborting creation process
Any and all ideas welcome. 

-Oz-

I know exactly whats wrong; I'll tweak it when I get home and can get to the server but you need to put an ; in front of these 3 lines:
  !define MUI_ICON   ${INSTALL_ICON}
  !define MUI_UNICON ${INSTALL_ICON}

!define MUI_WELCOMEFINISHPAGE_BITMAP ${INSTALL_IMAGE}
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

New version of the setup file posted that comments out all the lines.
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/map_install.zip

Wasn't sure I wanted to force people to use those images in their setups.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Jimbob

Great, now I'll see what else I can screw up. Very thankfull for all the help. Will play with it asap.
thanks again.
PS It feels real good not to have messed up this time.  ;D  :D

Seldom

"License.txt" is a beautiful thing.  I'll be sure to include it in my next installer.

-Oz-

Yea license.txt is now included in the install zip as well.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Jimbob

Still having some problems. Error from last run is below.

Click Next to continue."
!insertmacro: MUI_PAGE_WELCOME
!insertmacro: end of MUI_PAGE_WELCOME
!define: "MUI_LICENSEPAGE_CHECKBOX"=""
!insertmacro: MUI_PAGE_LICENSE
LicenseData: open failed "C:\gps_maps\Gila TM Proposal\img\license.txt"
Usage: LicenseData local_file_that_has_license_text | license_lang_string
Error in macro MUI_PAGEDECLARATION_LICENSE on macroline 17
Error in macro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE on macroline 6
Error in script "C:\release_version_1.00\Gila TM map_install_x64-x86.nsi" on line 55 -- aborting creation process

I have created a readme file so I have removed the ; from that line. For some reason it is not picking up the license file as you can see. I'm not sure what the error in script refers too..

I'll attach the entire file in case I have messed up somewhere else.
Thanks, I may learn this stuff yet.

-Oz-

Is the license.txt file in the C:\gps_maps\Gila TM Proposal\img\license.txt folder?  Because that is where its looking for it and that appears to be the error.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Also, on this line:
!define DIRECTORY           "C:\gps_maps\Gila TM Proposal\img\"

That says your maps is located  "C:\gps_maps\Gila TM Proposal\img\" but according to the output above you are running this script from here C:\release_version_1.00\Gila TM map_install_x64-x86.nsi

Is that an error for you?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Jimbob

OK, thanks a bunch, got it working fine. Included a readme file and it shows up also. checked both install 7 uninstall.
One thing confused me, I could not determine whether the diretory was existing or one to be made and on the tutorial for define directory you show
!define DIRECTORY    "C:\gps_maps\ArizonaTopo\img\" ;make sure it includes the ending slash
Should you have the arizonatopo\img there?
When I changed mine to C\release_version_1.00 it still did not work until I realized I needed to remove Gila TM map_install_x64  also,  then all fell into place.
Need to upload it yet.
Thanks a bunch Oz

-Oz-

Umm, I'm confused by what you're saying.

Obviously I need to tweak the tutorial; suggestions?

Your directory should have been whatever so rather than C:\gps_maps... you should have used C:\release_version_1.00  I do all my map developing in c:\gps_maps so thats how that directory is created.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Jimbob

I was unsure what the define directory referred to, was it the directory to be created upon install , or was it the directory that held the info for .exe creation. A simple statement would clarify this.
example- your working directory goes here, rather than showing what you use. that could well apply throughout the tutorial. I finally got the C;\release_version_1.00 in place and then had little problem as I started to realize more about what the whole thing said.
You said
I do all my map developing in c:\gps_maps so thats how that directory is created
however the  "C:\gps_maps\ArizonaTopo\img\"  defines a sub-directory right. That to was a little confusing.
Maybe I'm just dense.
The statement about map-id is very clear, thats a good one.
define map_type, with the 11224 there it's confusing in that a person would not realize the ; prior says disregard- perhaps the 11224 should be omitted and a statement included as to what would go in there if it's being used. this in addition to the "only if used in custom types.
Maybe some clarification as to the two names desc_names & short_name
Define exe. file, again what directory are we talking about.
I think a short eplanation of what the entries are rather than show what you use would help
Not being critical but from the standpoint of dummies the above might be a help.
Thanks again for all your great work.

Jimbob

Hey Oz, I have attached a file with some possible changes as you requested. I may have made things worse for all I know. Changes are underlined and numbered. I may have screwed up the code some as that is beyond this 70+ mind. Let me know if you think this may simplify some things.
Jimbob