GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

"Recreational" profile does not display map details

Started by HOLLYW00D, March 03, 2010, 05:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOLLYW00D

howdy, thanx for a great site and wonderful maps.  i just received my Garmin Dakota 20 and loaded the "Texas Topo" maps (all 460 something) into the device (no memory card).  this unit has different profiles (recreational, geocaching, fitness, etc.).  i was curious why the recreational profile does not display any of the topo or road information (no information except for streams and rivers).  each other profile shows much more information.  the settings appear to be identical and i even tried setting the recreational details to "most" with no change.  any insight would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
'wood

maps4gps

Streams and rivers - sounds like recreation means boaters and floaters.

But how do they only get part of the features in a mapset to show?

HOLLYW00D

well, the strange thing is, everything appears to be "normal" now.  not sure what happened though, i just kept cycling through the different profiles and then on one cycle it just showed up properly. *shrug*  as for boaters and floaters, there's a "marine" profile which does in fact display roads and topographical info.  who knows, but it works now!  ;D

-Oz-

mine is on recreational and it shows details so that is very odd.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!