Main Menu

Map Making ain't easy... for me!!

Started by astainback, February 22, 2010, 08:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astainback

Quote from: Jimbob on February 27, 2010, 07:25:21 AM
In your Feb. 23 post you said
I did select transparent.
I actually got to the part where I had an img file.  I tried loading it into MapSource so I could see it.  I forgot the name of the program I used, but that part worked for me.
The map was in MapSource, but it was hard to see, and there were no waypoints.  (i think)

In reference to waypoints they will not be part of your .img file. They reside in another portion of memory in your GPSr, and can be altered through mapsource.

I can't put a waypoint in a map?  It doesn't really need to be a waypoint as in using it as a location in the gps, but if I can see it on the map, I can mark it and then travel to it.  I wanted to put them in the map so it can be added to and updated.  Basically, tons of waypoints.  Kindof like the topo maps on this forum have the state parks, churches, and other POIs.
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR

astainback

Quote from: seldom_sn on February 27, 2010, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: astainback on February 23, 2010, 10:26:40 AM
The map was in MapSource, but it was hard to see, and there were no waypoints.  (i think)

I didn't include points above, just tracks.  If you want to see points select them with the arrow tool, right click, and Convert to Point.

So I convert the waypoints to points for the map?
I think I got it.
I am going on a trip tomorrow.  If it goes the way i hope, I will have a whole new set of waypoints and tracks to make a map of this place as well when I get home.
I am heading out to Coal Creek TN to ride atvs!!
Garmin Montana 610
Garmin VivoActive HR