GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo Process Program (BETA!)

Started by -Oz-, December 14, 2008, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussieskier

Also, is anyone else having issues with GNIS data? It is like the names got changed again or something. I run it and it doesn't seem to download anything and I don't get any output.

-Oz-

yea, i have a new version, its posted at the front of this thread it fixes the gnis issues.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

aussieskier

erik.the.awful

On GPSmapedit I have found easier to convert all the .shp files to .mp and then only load the data needed to complete one 30x60 quad. GPSmapedit for some reason can load larger files in polish format. Also try closing the program and then reopening it if you run into a memory issue, for some reason this seems to free up "room" for larger files. Closing the file in mapedit doesn't help. I think it may have a memory leak.   

-Oz-

Quote from: deepspace on January 04, 2009, 05:37:22 PM
I ran the transpotation with admin opened up. Made sure all the connections and settings where corrrect. While nothing ever did come up in the sql panel if one watched the statistics one saw postgise open and wait while the transfer happened (couple og hours) then when the shape file was being exported that postgise line had a dialog line (which I did not write down}
So then I opened up the new shape file and once again I di not come up with a MP_TYPE option.
Maybe I need to delete all previous sgl data?
Cheers-Marc

delete the previous data; then tell me if it exports anything.  I think it won't.

I know I've asked this before; are you using a password for your postgresql username?
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Quote from: -Oz- on January 05, 2009, 08:48:23 PM
I know I've asked this before; are you using a password for your postgresql username?
No password. I am going to delete everything. Thanks-Marc

-Oz-

Which everything?  Topo Process or PostgreSQL?

I'm very curious and definitely want to help you make it work.  I can give you some dos commands this afternoon to run to see why it isn't working.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Quote from: -Oz- on January 06, 2009, 08:31:21 AM
Which everything?  Topo Process or PostgreSQL?
Frankly I was going to delete and re-install everything. Something is corrupt somewhere. I was able to build a map manually but since then have just spun my wheels.
I'll wait to see the dos runs.
Cheers-Marc

cbellevie

Wanted to drop a big thanks for this. Working on (another!) WA map and this has been pretty great in regards to letting me easily process large amounts of data.

Also, not sure if shutle64 ever got any word about North of Cape Flattery, but I came up with with no DEM data for it also.

-Oz-

Marc - Just run any of the dos commands from the tutorial (make sure its the none -p version).   See if any of them work and let me know.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

OZ, I did not ever have a issue with the manual runs, I could not create the same tables.
SOOOO....
I completely deleted everything, cleaned registry both with jvtools and regedit.
re-installed everything and ran transportation today and everything is fine. Ended up with the MP_TYPE needed to go forward but interesting it took twice as long (7 hours) and file is twice as large.
One thing I did was to attempt to do things one stage at a time, ie: download, then come back and combine, then comeback  and process the current set up only  allows  combine at once, no return to operation.
But what the hey it is a great tool even if I had some issues getting it to work.

cbellevie

A question regarding the contour *shp files. If we're using GPSMapEdit, I assume we need to convert the files to *.mp files. Is there an easier way to do this other than importing it into GPSMapEdit? And if not, when importing, I need to select a line style for the polyline. Any help with what to select would be greatly appreciated  :)

-Oz-

Really glad its working for you Marc.

If you've already processed them there should be an MP_TYPE column, that'll be the line type.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

cbellevie

Thanks, appreciate you pointing that out  :)  I expected them to take a while to save to *.mp files, but no time at all.

Tsnake

I tried to run the beta.  When I clicked on it, the GNIS box that asks for Internet appeared.  I clicked on it and got  Run-time error '339': Component 'MSINET.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Help?!