GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo Process Program (BETA!)

Started by -Oz-, December 14, 2008, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepspace

Oz, I did the trust thing. Enough passwords in my life as it is. Well check boxes, I only see the delete files check box for water and I did not check that since I am on bandwidth probation (I live in a very remote place and only have satellite connection) for a few days for hogging bandwidth I guess.
Oh yes shutle64, I haven't downloaded the north of cape flattery yet so I can not help you. But I will resume as soon as I am out of the bandwidth doghouse, I'll let you know then.
Cheers-Marc

deepspace

I just went through this:
re-started service, ran water again same thing, except when reading the tosql.bat I saw a error stating it could not fine //bin/shp2pgsql.exe.
Re-installed shp2pgsql.exe (patch) and ran it again. Here are the logs:
tosql.bat:
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\shp2pgsql.exe" -d "C:\washington\water\NHDWaterbody.shp" NHD_Waterbody postgis > "C:\washington\water\nhd_waterbody.sql" 2> "C:\Documents and Settings\Marc\Desktop\topo_process.1.0.15\error.log"
Error.log:
Shapefile type: PolygonZ
Postgis type: MULTIPOLYGON[4]
again all I have are prj files.
driving me to drink, at least I wasn't while I did all this.
Cheers-Marc

shutle64

I finished download dem today.  It started at 1:30pm PST on the contours.  I'm using the Topo Beta.

-Oz-

glad it worked for you shutle.

Hmm, it appears that its having a hard time reading it.

Does c:\washington\water\NHDWaterbody.shp exist?  Does that .sql file ever come into existence.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

shutle64

I found some Washington websites for Water data.

http://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/app1/dataweb/dmmatrix.html

Can we use .e00 files?

John

shutle64

Can we use the ftp for water data if we had a list of numbers to download, it could be automated?

ftp://nhdftp.usgs.gov/SubRegions/High/

John

deepspace

Quote from: -Oz- on December 25, 2008, 09:17:10 PM
Does c:\washington\water\NHDWaterbody.shp exist?  Does that .sql file ever come into existence.
No, it never has shown up. ???

-Oz-

Quote from: shutle64 on December 26, 2008, 06:25:20 AM
Can we use the ftp for water data if we had a list of numbers to download, it could be automated?

ftp://nhdftp.usgs.gov/SubRegions/High/

John

I will definitely look into this this weekend; has potential.

Quote from: deepspace on December 26, 2008, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: -Oz- on December 25, 2008, 09:17:10 PM
No, it never has shown up. ???
Does NHDWaterbody.shp exist?  Because it appears that the program doesn't think it exists.

How is your folder structured? It has to be \water\NHDXXXXX\ and there should be quite a few NHDXXXX folders inside the \water\ folder.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

C:\washington\water\nhdxxxxx
there are 52 folders with nhxxxx inside the water folder
I downloaded them 100 quad at a time

deepspace

Well, There must be something in the data base I need to work with. I manually ran them all, but when I did the final stage I ended up with shape files from only the Olympic peninsula map I finished. Even though I ran the current shape files. Maybe re-install the txt file in the bin folder or delete altogether?

shutle64

On the dem, I need to run this with Combine contours into one file?  I tried without and I had a bunch of prj files and it kept starting over coutour.shp

John

-Oz-

Quote from: shutle64 on December 26, 2008, 07:19:21 PM
On the dem, I need to run this with Combine contours into one file?  I tried without and I had a bunch of prj files and it kept starting over coutour.shp

John
I have never actually run it with combine contours.  What it should do is make the contour.shp then when it doesn't combine it'll export one with the folder/file name (######.shp).

It sounds like its having a hard time loading or unloading the files to the postgis database.

Quote from: shutle64 on December 26, 2008, 05:59:44 AM
I found some Washington websites for Water data.

http://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/app1/dataweb/dmmatrix.html

Can we use .e00 files?

John
Global Mapper can open them and ArcGIS/ArcMap I don't believe GPSMapEdit can.  They're similar to shapefiles.

Quote from: deepspace on December 26, 2008, 06:33:19 PM
Well, There must be something in the data base I need to work with. I manually ran them all, but when I did the final stage I ended up with shape files from only the Olympic peninsula map I finished. Even though I ran the current shape files. Maybe re-install the txt file in the bin folder or delete altogether?
What txt file in the bin folder? Topo process just reads the directory thats been loaded and goes through it one by one.  Is it pointing to the proper folder?

I can add "Pauses" to the program and you can run that and it'll stop at each change (combine water, pause, create sql file, pause, load sql into database, pause, process data, pause, export sql, pause) then you can see how far it gets by checking for what files exist at each time versus what should exist.  Would you be interested in trying it out to see whats up?

I'll be around a lot tomorrow to work on stuff like this so it would be a good time.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

shutle64

The user name was missing on the settings page.  I added it back in and clicked save settings, and started topo without combining files.  It's spitting out ####.prj and ####.dbf plus contour.shp

John

deepspace

the nhd query's which are extracted to the bin folder as per the water data page of the tutorials. They remain in the bin folder:
area.sql.txt, waterbody ect.

shutle64

Ok.  It's working for topo, it making shape files.  Is it normal for it not make a shape file for certain quads, or do I need to have one for every quad.  The very first quad there wasn't a shape file created.

John