GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo Process Program (BETA!)

Started by -Oz-, December 14, 2008, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hntr

yes it exists in C:\Windows\System32.   I have tried to rename it, change permissions, etc but access is denied

thanks

-Oz-

i hate vb...

I'll have to keep thinking...
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

dhisum_dhisum

Well, you can take ownership of the file and then replace it, but if it is a windows file and you replace it with a non-windows file,  you might end up in a situation where Vista will claim that "You have made an unauthorized change to your computer..."

Anyways, to change the ownership, open my computer and navigate to c:\windows\system32. Right click on the file you want to replace, select properties. Click on the security tab and then click on the Advanced button. In the new windows that pops up, click on the owner tab. It will list that the current owner is "TrustedInstaller." Click on the "Edit" button below. Another window will show up which will look similar to the previous one. It will list Current Owner: Trusted Installer. From the "Change owner to: " box, select administrators and click Apply. Click OK, to close this window and keep clicking OK until all the windows are closed.

Again, right click the file and select properties. Click the Security tab. Select Administrators from the "Group or user names" list and click "Edit". In the window that comes up, select administrators and then in the "Allow" list in  "Permissions for Administrators" check the "Full Control" checkbox.

That should hopefully do it. Just be cautious that if you change a file owned by "TrustedInstaller", your windows installation might run into issues with "You have made an unauthorized change to windows..."

deepspace

I had a very interesting thing happen which I would like to resolve. I noticed looking at the water base map I had created a error in 1 quad. I re-downloaded the quad, unzipped the file and ran topo process (newest version) on the lower left corner it said there was a error: that there was no meta data (the folder I assume) but it continued to run. At the end of the run it created a file from the last run I had done. Absolutely nothing to do with the files in the folder I ran it from. I deleted all those files  and unzipped it again. Opened the shape file to make sure (again) it was the correct quad. And ran topo again. The exact same thing happened, no meta and final was a area 200 miles away.
I am assuming I need to clear a data base to rectify this. Question is which one?
Thanks-Marc

-Oz-

Open pgAdmin III and delete all the nhd_... tables (delete/drop).

I didn't think it required metadata.  If you get a chance can you post exactly what it said or tell me how I could get the quad.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

hntr

Quote from: dhisum_dhisum on March 12, 2009, 01:17:03 PM
Well, you can take ownership of the file and then replace it, but if it is a windows file and you replace it with a non-windows file,  you might end up in a situation where Vista will claim that "You have made an unauthorized change to your computer..."

Anyways, to change the ownership, open my computer and navigate to c:\windows\system32. Right click on the file you want to replace, select properties. Click on the security tab and then click on the Advanced button. In the new windows that pops up, click on the owner tab. It will list that the current owner is "TrustedInstaller." Click on the "Edit" button below. Another window will show up which will look similar to the previous one. It will list Current Owner: Trusted Installer. From the "Change owner to: " box, select administrators and click Apply. Click OK, to close this window and keep clicking OK until all the windows are closed.

Again, right click the file and select properties. Click the Security tab. Select Administrators from the "Group or user names" list and click "Edit". In the window that comes up, select administrators and then in the "Allow" list in  "Permissions for Administrators" check the "Full Control" checkbox.

That should hopefully do it. Just be cautious that if you change a file owned by "TrustedInstaller", your windows installation might run into issues with "You have made an unauthorized change to windows..."

I haven't tried that yet, sounds kinda scary.  Anybody else think I should give this a try?

hntr

Quote from: -Oz- on March 10, 2009, 12:02:17 AM
there should be a .bat file included in the zip.  Right click on that and click "run as administrator" or something similar (sorry, only have my winxp computer on this trip).

That should copy/register them.  Tell me if that still fails.

Are you really still getting the com32 error even after that tutorial?

I am running Bitdefender Antivirus which usually warns when the Windows registry is being edited.  Could that have something to do with it?

deepspace

Quote from: -Oz- on March 18, 2009, 08:56:05 PM
Open pgAdmin III and delete all the nhd_... tables (delete/drop).

I didn't think it required metadata.  If you get a chance can you post exactly what it said or tell me how I could get the quad.
Oz, Sorry I have been gone. I will run it again with out deleting the data base so I can re-create the error. But it is something which pops up on the lower left hand corner which has no effect on the operation finishing the process.
I did something to make the patch which ended up in poor results. I opened the shape files in Global Mapper> exported vector .mp file > choose the box to use existing format > used a existing .mp file with zoom and dictionary the rest of the map is> created the mp file. It will not run on cgpsmapper to convert to >IMG file. cgpsmapper opens and spends its time ( I waited a hour twice) just reading the dictionary. Never to change. Soo do Not Do As I have Done.
Cheers-Marc

webmorris

Running the version ending in .19 and trying to use the GNIS processing which seems to work but no file output? I do have an error log in my folder containing;
C:\Garmin\Maps\gnis.shp: shape (.shp) or index files (.shx) can not be opened, will just import attribute data.
C:\Garmin\Maps\gnis.shp: dbf file (.dbf) can not be opened.

Any ideas?

deepspace

Quote from: -Oz- on January 17, 2009, 06:17:01 PM
Tsnake: Thats because it needs vb6 dependencies (stupid language if you can't include them easily); download from here: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tools/vbrun60sp6.exe

if that doesn't fix it that means that is in a different set of files and I'll post it.
I finally got my new computer and am going to finish my project. I had the 339 run-time error and have this file to install but its not clear as to where is should be installed. When asked for a location what do you suggest?
Thanks-Marc

-Oz-

i will fix gnis processing when I get vb6 here (i'm in Afghanistan currently).

You need the vb6 support files; install that vbrun60sp6.exe wherever it wants and elsewhere in this thread are some vb support files in a zip; just run the included .bat file.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

What is the latest version of topo_proces? I just installed 1.0.19 on my Vista machine and I am getting the 339 error but I have not been able to fix that yet. I am going through this thread now.

---------------------------
download_process
Run-time error '339':

Component 'MSINET.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK   

Running VBRun does not seem to fix the problem.

I am getting ready to upgrade the New England topo map.

-Oz-

savage, you definitely need the vb6 files linked to here: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/vb6-support-Install.zip

Run as admin the .bat file
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

savage

This is really frustrating. This is not solving the problem, but I may not have installed it correctly.
I hate Vista! Why don't you develop in Java instead  ;)

dolandave

Oz, seeing your program is great... You know what would also be a GREEEAAT add on for gpsmapedit !!!   The ability to open and bulk edit numerous img files at time, and bulk update such as properties, then have the program save in bulk in the polish format and then to img.