GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo Process Program (BETA!)

Started by -Oz-, December 14, 2008, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepspace

So I may have made a error (again) I just finished another set of contours but did not check the combine the contours box because the computer was going to process some images I intended to take tonight. But its cloudy, soooo now I have a bunch of shape files of which do not have the contours separated (ie: 20, 100, 200 and so forth) if I try to open them in GPS Mapper it asks of course what contour they are. Of course I do not want to choose 1 if it hase them all. Is they a way to combine post process for dummies like me?
I was also wondering also would it no be a good idea to offer the contours as a transparent map which could be turned off and on at will.
Cheers-Marc

-Oz-

maps4gps actually tired to release contours that were transparent.  I like the idea sometimes but I feel true topos have good water data and POIs.  Also, I think a lot of novices don't understand the transparent thing.  So i'm not sure.

Now, what do you mean it asks what contour they are?  The program should have built in the MP_TYPE.  I don't really understand what you have so what you need to do.  I never combine all my images; I keep them in 100k quads and then just load them all up at once to export them.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

The contour thing was a mistype on my part. I see the error. How do the 100 quad's get combined?

-Oz-

I combine them in global mapper or gpsmapedit.  Really though; it doesn't normally affect me because the 100k contour quads match the 100k image files.

If they were combined in the program it loads all of it into one table in postgis; then processed it all; then exports it all at once.  This would likely fail on a fat32 drive since it would be more than 4gb.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

deepspace

Hmm, trying to figure this part out. The mount Olympus area is over 1 gig in a 20  foot contour. I need to split it to make it into the image file, smaller ones combined later. I have determined with my computer and via information from Stan I need to keep my file size to about 115 megs (he has a newer version coming which hasn't the memory issues).
I was thinking I would be able to take a bunch of .img files use maptoolset to create 1 complete .img of them all. Maybe it does not work that way.
I still have not figured out how to precisely split a quad either. But I can say this much the quads look good so far. 

hntr

Quote from: -Oz- on January 17, 2009, 06:17:01 PM
Tsnake: Thats because it needs vb6 dependencies (stupid language if you can't include them easily); download from here: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tools/vbrun60sp6.exe

if that doesn't fix it that means that is in a different set of files and I'll post it.

Dan,

That didn't do it for me, I still get the same error as Tsnake but  'component comdlg32.ocx'

can you send the different files?

Thanks

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

hntr

still getting the same error, does it matter where i save the extracted files?

dhisum_dhisum

I believe you need to save the ocx files to c:\windows\system32

hntr

I copied all files to system32 except scrrun.dll (no permission to copy or rename),  i still get the same error when I run topo_process.exe from the program files folder

Sorry, i'm dumb!  You have to make a little tutorial for everything so I have a chance at doing it right.

-Oz-

That error is common; I really should write in a different language without so many microsoft imposed issues.

See if this article helps you: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/comdlg32.htm
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

hntr

OK, I followed the instructions in the article for Vista and it went smoothly.  I repeated the process for all the files that came with vb6-support-install.

I still get the same error message.  Are there any other steps that aren't in that article that i need to perform?  I'm probably overlooking a step.

Thanks for your time.

-Oz-

there should be a .bat file included in the zip.  Right click on that and click "run as administrator" or something similar (sorry, only have my winxp computer on this trip).

That should copy/register them.  Tell me if that still fails.

Are you really still getting the com32 error even after that tutorial?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

hntr

I ran the vb6-support-install.bat using the steps you described.  The command window opened and 6 of the files were copied.  However, scrrun.dll failed - Access is denied

I am pretty sure I had tried to run this file multiple times before. 

Even now I still get the com32 error

-Oz-

does the file it mentions in the error actually exist in c:\windows\system32 ?
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!