GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

possible?

Started by deepspace, February 26, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepspace

Hi, if I have a contour quad I can not open in mapedit, but can in GM, is there a issue with taking
(1) a quad created with topo_process at 20 foot contour
(2) opened in GM and saved as .mp.
(3) Then opened saved .mp in mapedit, edit the levels to be the same as all other contour quads then
(4) combine with the rest of the base map mp's to .img?
I have done the first 3 and at this point do not see any problems, the 20 foot contours are there and so forth.
Thanks!

maps4gps

If you mean add the info from one .mp file to another; I and others have done that and not had any problems.  Make sure you only have one set of header info per file.  I have used notepad to add the data portion of a second file to a first file with header and data.  You could also have GM  export just the data portion to the .mp file.

deepspace

Thanks for the reply maps4, I was taking the quad mp created by GM (no header) adding to state map (with header) then cutting the quad out. I did not see any issues but since its the last of 88 I just wanted to clarify what I was seeing was correct. You know the old expression...
Cheers-

-Oz-

I use notepad++; it allows me to open the gigantic .mp files and edit woath I need to.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!