GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Ca Topo Map 28-7467-catopo_install.exe

Started by rbdsc, February 01, 2010, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbdsc

This is my first attempt using the topo maps provided by this website, and I have ran into a small problem.

I have downloaded this file, and ran the executable.  When I go to Mapsource and select California Topo from the dropdown list, only one topo tile for the San Francisco Bay area shows up in the map window.  How do I get the rest of the California topo maps to appear.  I did not have this problem using the Nevada topo maps.

Thanks for any help

maps4gps

That mapset is unusual as it has two maps in one - one planimetric and one for the overlay/transparent contour lines.  If you select by draging the selection tool you will get both.
The planimetric quads are larger and named, the contour line quads are numbered.

rbdsc

maps4gps;

Thank you for your prompt reply, but perhaps it was in the way I asked the question. When I select the California Topo from the drop down list, I only get one small piece of California.  This one small piece does have the plainmetrics and the contours, its just for the Bay Area only.  How do I see the rest of Calfornia?  Maybe something around Truckee?  I can not find a way to load up differnt parts of Californina.  All the IMG files are in the directory?  I also downloaded the State of Nevada, and when I select that state from the drop down list, then entire state shows up in the map window, which then allows me to pan and zoom to the location I need.  I can not do this with the California topo map.  I did download the file twice, just in case the first one had gotten corrupted during the download, but the results are the same.  Just a very small piece of California, and nothing else.

Thanks again.

-Oz-

What operating system/version of MapSource are you using.

That map does coer the whole state.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

maps4gps

That thought occured to me; however since people have had issues with there being two mapsets in one I addressed that.  I downloaded it for the first time about two weeks ago and the entire state was there in MapSource and the areas I uploaded to my GPSr worked correctly.