News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 Streets on Map issue

Started by dkeato, December 08, 2011, 08:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkeato

Oregon 450, not the "T"

I had been using the GPSfiledepot NJ maps for over a year without issue.

Last week when I went to upload the Central Park track, I downloaded the Oregon update, which now shows D/T on the listing screen when "Find a Geocache" is selected. I like that part.

Something happened after that, for when I go to view map, I no longer can see the streets at any level above 200 ft zoom. I can see street labels, but not the streets. The main roads, (22, 28, 78) are there still.

I erased all the maps. I reloaded. Same deal. I tried other maps, I tried using Basecamp instead of Mapsource. Same deal.

I went into the map settings on the handheld, changing the detail level. Same deal.

What is up with this? Has anyone experienced this?

Help please. I like to be able to see the streets at a wider zoom level.

Has Garmin done something to affect 3rd party maps? I am using internal memory, not a micro card.

Boyd

Which NJ map?

Check your profile settings? If not recreational, switch to that. If already recreational, switch to something else, then back to recreational. This is a known bug in the Oregon (maybe other new models too).

That's about all I can think of, based on your description (if you're sure the map is actually installed on the GPS). FWIW, I will be uploading a new and highly detailed map of NJ in the next few days.  ;)

dkeato

Same issue with either the Boyd NJ map or the NJ topo map.  I loaded them fresh again yesterday. Same issue with one enabled, or only one map loaded.

I tried the profile change. That did not make any difference.

At zoom levels wider than 200 some street labels are visible, but not the streets themselves.

Boyd

Never heard of that one and I know several people using my map on an Oregon 450. All I can think of is some conflict with another map. Looking in the \Garmin folder on your GPS, what files do you see?

Only other thoughts are to do a hard reset (see http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/) and to reload your unit with the newest firmware using webupdater. Maybe somebody else has an idea?

dkeato

It is the same issue with just one map loaded. Can I revert back to 4.20 to see if that works? If so, how do I do that?

Boyd

See: http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Versions#GCDupdate

QuoteSome software releases below are linked directly to a GCD file for that release. GCD files are also available through Garmin's web site using a URL of the form: http://www8.garmin.com/software/Oregon_WebUpdater__xyz.gcd where xyz is the three digit version number. For example, for version 2.6 xyz would equal 260.

Each Software Version below is linked to that version's gcd file. Normally I would recommend upgrading through Webupdater but if for some reason you can't (e.g. you are trying to downgrade) then you can update using the following procedure:

Use the links below under "Software Version" to download the gcd file for the version you want to use
    Change the name of the file you just download to gupdate.gcd
    Attach the Oregon to your computer and verify that it is in USB Mass storage mode
    Copy gupdate.gcd to [OR drive]:\Garmin\gupdate.gcd
    Restart the Oregon

dkeato

I erased the unit, reloaded my maps and waypoints, and all is good. thanks for the advice :)