GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Newbie Basecamp Issue - No Detail on Map

Started by j_smith56, September 27, 2011, 09:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_smith56

Just loaded the latest version of Basecamp and then downloaded Illinois Topo Map. When I open the map in Basecamp I have very little detail.  Just a few major roads.  I have played with all the adjustments in Basecamp but have not been able to get any detail.  Even the major roads that do show up are all disjointed.  What am I missing?  Have been reading other posts but nothing has helped.

maps4gps

You are looking at the very generalized overview map data.  Zoom-in to 800ft to .2 miles and the actual data will be displaying.  Have the display detail set to normal.  The state wide overview map is intended for orientation and selection of the quads/segments to be sent to the GPSr. 

Boyd

There is also a command to show the "basic map only" (or something like that) under the View menu. When this is selected, you won't see detail in any map.

j_smith56

Thanks for the replies. Changing the setting under the View drop down did the trick.  Turned off Basic Map and viola - detail. :D

-Oz-

Quote from: j_smith56 on September 30, 2011, 05:24:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. Changing the setting under the View drop down did the trick.  Turned off Basic Map and viola - detail. :D
I've updated the Basecamp tutorial with this nugget of knowledge.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!