GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How Do I Load Maps On My GPS Unit? Mac

Started by camnpete, September 26, 2011, 07:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camnpete

I'm having trouble loading a map on my 62S.  I've successfully downloaded the map to Base Camp on my iMac.  I then open Base Camp and Mapinstall and plug my 62S into the iMac.  I'm fine until I get to step 7 in the tutorial (for Mac).  When I click on 'send maps' a screen immediately pops up saying "this may take over an hour" on the top of the page, but on the bottom of the page it says "installation complete" and wants me to click on "done".  The map has NOT been moved to my 62s, as nearly as I can tell.  Help!

Indrid Cold

In step 7 you have to select some or all of the map segments. The bar on the bottom of the window will show you how much free space you have on your devise and how much will be used by the map segment you have selected. Then you select the "Send Maps" button.

camnpete

I'm having trouble loading a map on my Garmin 62S  from Base Camp on my iMac, using MapInstall.  When I get to step 7 in the tutorial and press 'send maps', a screen quickly pops up saying 'installation complete' and wanting me to click the 'done' button.  But the map is NOT on the 62S.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Pete

camnpete

:) Indrid Cold...Thank you, thank you, thank you for your reply.  I did what you said and it worked.  I didn't realize that I needed to highlight the entire map (which is what I wanted).  I think the tutorial is a little misleading as it implies that you don't need to do anything if you want the entire map.  Anyway, I'm good to go.  Thanks again.  Pete

-Oz-

I've updated the tutorial slightly to cover for this.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!