GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Map Set Tool kit

Started by Cannonball08, March 09, 2010, 11:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannonball08

When I click the start button to install into mapsource I am getting an error that says "enter Map set Directory" c:\ownmapset\

how to I take care of this?

Thanks

Jimbob

That would be the location of the directory/folder where you wish the finished map to reside.

Cannonball08

I don't know to change or choose the destination folder?

Cannonball08

I downloaded the map from this site. When I try to open the map from my Garmin program I get a IMG not compatible or reconized error  so That is why I thought I needed the mapset tool kit.

-Oz-

Most maps have install scripts; if they do, follow this tutorial:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

Which map did you download?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Cannonball08

Hey guys im a newbie here, I feel like an idiot. My problem was that I wasn't selecting what map I wanted from the drop down box in mapsource.
Thanks for all your help and Im sure I will be back with more.
Thanks Again!

Boyd

Don't feel bad... we get this exact same problem from someone just about every week! I think the real problem is the way that Mapsource works. It can't "open" map files - like you would expect from any modern piece of software. Maps must be installed into the program with a complicated procedure, and it is not immediately obvious how to access them - especially if you have hidden the toolbar with the dropdown menu.