News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Florida Topo & South East Topo

Started by coachjbates, June 05, 2011, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachjbates

Hello All

I just got my new Garmin 60csx and came to down load your maps of Florida top and South East topo.. I am going to need some help here and will list it below.

1. Down loaded Florida Topo
a. it does not show as much detail as shown in the pictures on the web sight..
b. When I did get it open it showed the ATlantic Ocean on the Gulf Side and no Detail in the wildlife management areas of Florida where I hunt.

2. So I went to South East topo and it showed some roads and bit not the Wild Life Management Areas..

Guys need your help here,you can even meet me on line with net meeting and intall it for me.. I have it working some what,but just do not have the details  of the topo maps as on the web site.. tI have installed it 10 ways to Sunday...LOL   I am a Telecom-Cisco tech by trade on the WAN side,so I do not see much software and pc installs.  I have followed the instructions,But I 99 percent sure I did something wrong.  Email me,call me or something.. Hunting Season is only 3 months off,and I still got to figure out the GPS.. I can not use my LORAN from my boat,I sold that.  Now thats funny.  There is no was for me to send  a screen shot on here of my issues.

Brgds and Thanks Jim Bates

coachjbates

Thanks for the reply...I have not loaded it to my GPS yet...It showing up this way on my Map source software...When you zoom way out it looks great.. WHen you zoom in is when you do not see only large detail items...I was trying to get more detail around the house and the WMAs .

Brgds Jim Bates

Boyd

In Mapsource, use the following menu command: View > Map Detail > Highest. Now zoom way in. That is the only thing I can think of - if you have done this then I think it's "what you see is what you get".

However, are you certain you're really looking at the correct map? Does the dropdown menu show that you're looking at the Florida Topo? This is how you choose the map, but it should say Florida instead of Arizona.

coachjbates

Hi Boyd

Thanks for your help.. I did follow the instructions like you showed me here.. There is just no details when you zoom in...I loaded it on two differnt laptops and it came up the same..The Gulf Of Mexico is still named the Atlantic when I down load it...Guess I will have to buy one...Thanks for your help my friend..

Brgds Jim Bates

In Mapsource, use the following menu command: View > Map Detail > Highest. Now zoom way in. That is the only thing I can think of - if you have done this then I think it's "what you see is what you get".

Indrid Cold

Quote from: coachjbates on June 05, 2011, 05:56:41 PM
1. Down loaded Florida Topo
a. it does not show as much detail as shown in the pictures on the web sight..
b. When I did get it open it showed the ATlantic Ocean on the Gulf Side and no Detail in the wildlife management areas of Florida where I hunt.

2. So I went to South East topo and it showed some roads and bit not the Wild Life Management Areas..

How about adding the coordinates of the area you see this at so someone can look into this.

coachjbates

Hello Indrid,
I will try that tonight and see if I can figure out how to... Indrid  can I take a snape shot of the picture I am seeing and load it on here?

Brgds Jim

maps4gps

I believe the hydo folks at USGS refer to the GOM as the Atlantic Ocean for purposes of tracing/linking effulent/water flow.  Unless you are around the Keys and it is important for legal juristictions, it should not be too hard to live with.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: coachjbates on June 06, 2011, 12:13:02 PM
Hello Indrid,
I will try that tonight and see if I can figure out how to... Indrid  can I take a snape shot of the picture I am seeing and load it on here?

Brgds Jim
Yes, you can attach images to your post anytime...

coachjbates

hello Guys

Google Maps is giving more detail than the one here..I know its not your program..It has to be something I did wrong..I followed all the instructions for 4 hrs last night..With this weeks work load just no time to do during the day..Anyone want to telnet in to my PC?  No personal stoff stored there.

Brgds Jim Bates