GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMAP 62 & maps

Started by paddyr, May 31, 2011, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyr

I am having a problem with not being able to switch between the GPSFileDepot Maps and the Garmin US Topo West on my Garmin 62s device. The device only allows me to enable / disable three map sets, the basemap set it ships with, the birdseye thing, and it has bundled all the maps I've downloaded to it, both US Topo maps and GPSFileDepot maps, in one selection. And from that selection, where there are both US Topo maps and GPSFileDepot maps of the same area, it will only show the GPSFileDepot maps. Does anyone know if there is a way to switch between the two (Topo and GPSFileDepot) on the GPS device 62s?

Boyd

maps4gps

Sounds like this issue may be specific to the 62s.  I do not see that happening on my OR300.
You need to select from one mapset; send it to the 62s; rename this gmapsupp.img file to a name with a .img extension.  Then do the same for each additional mapset, using a different name with a .img extension. 

paddyr

Thanks for the very prompt and helpful replies everyone. Why wouldn't such a new unit as the 62S be able to do this automatically as can some other units? Is this something that is likely to be included in a firmware or software update?

maps4gps

Only Garmin could answer that.  Try asking them.