News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

End of cgpsmapper?

Started by Boyd, June 29, 2010, 10:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd

See: http://www.cgpsmapper.com/download/Readme0100.txt

QuoteVersion 100 is expected to be the final and last version of cGPSmapper program,
no further development is expected - only bug fixes.
Support will be provided till end of 2010

Seldom

Too bad, because it's a much better behaved product for non-routable maps than mkgmap.  Then again, between the problems with commercial map locking, and the price of mkgmap I could see that he's got pressure from both sides.

Seldom

-Oz-

Wow, very interesting.  mkgmap needs to step up for the non-routing part :)  or garmin needs to make their product a lot cheaper for those of us creating free maps.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Is it only a question of price? I didn't think ordinary people could get a copy of MPC (Mapsource Product Creator), only official Garmin "partners".

But there is also Mapwel, although it's a bit of an enigma with good and bad points.

Seldom

Quote from: -Oz- on July 02, 2010, 09:18:23 AM
Wow, very interesting.  mkgmap needs to step up for the non-routing part :)  or garmin needs to make their product a lot cheaper for those of us creating free maps.

mkgmap is OK graphically on my OR and 60CSX, but it's not as nice in MapSource or BaseCamp as cgpsmapper.  The compiler works OK too as long you don't have complex polygons with internal islands.  It will choke on those.