I'd like to let you all know that this morning I have released version 1.0 of gpx2img (http://gpx2img.com)!
gpx2img is designed to allow simple conversion of gpx files into Garmin compatible IMG files. Rather than the free applications out there which require 10-15 steps and a lot of file editing and a few different applications, gpx2img allows you to convert your gpx files in just 2 steps! Step 1: Open your gpx files (can load multiple files at once) in gpx2img. Step 2) Click the "Convert" button!
- creates transparent maps which can be loaded on top of other map products such as topo or city, etc.
- allows editing of waypoints and tracks to change names and types
- allows creation of waypoints
- supports TYP files for creating maps with custom track colors/widths
- allows setting zoom levels of maps
- many other features
gpx2img is available as a demo from my website (http://gpx2img.com). The demo places restrictions in that it only allows 2 gpx files to be loaded at one time, forces a wait of 15 seconds before conversion is done and places a watermark 'city' on created maps.
gpx2img is available for $20USD, but from now until Sept 23, by purchasing through the 'buy' page on the website, you will save $7USD off your order.
If you have any questions, issues or suggestions, let me know either by replying to this post of emailing me at [email protected]