GPSFileDepot.com
 

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - RAHFISH

#1
Greetings,
I recently bought a Garmin etrex Venture HC. I am interested in what is the lowest speed it can register as I want to use it to measure boat speed when I am trolling for Kokanee. (many time between .5 and 1 mph)

I have not tried it out in my boat yet but was not able to get below 1 mph readings when I walk slowly down the road.

One fellow from Garmin 'help' said it would read down to .1 mph and another fellow said it would not read below 1 mph (like a Lowrance hand held I own)

On top of that, one of my hunting buddies has the cheaper etrex and he says it reads slow speeds (like .5 mph) all the time when he is slow climbing up a hill.

Does anyone have the 'real' correct answer to this quesion?

Thanks in advance, seems like a great site with some sharp folks and great maps

RAHFISH