GPSFileDepot.com

Combining maps? Specifically North East parts 1, 2, 3

Started by scotthsi, February 10, 2010, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotthsi

Sorry, this is my first time downloading maps from here.  I successfully downloaded the Northeast part 1 map and it imported into Mapsource perfectly.  I am in the process of downloading the other two parts.  Is it possible to "stitch" these three map parts into one big map in Mapsource so I can send/compile it as a single .img file?  Thanks.

-Oz-

You can compile it and send it to the GPS as one image when it is in MapSource as multiple.  You just follow the directions here and make sure to select all the segments at the same time.

As for compiling it into one big map; you would have to use MapSetToolkit and recreate the preview file.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

scotthsi

Thanks for the quick response!  So, I can just open all three parts in Mapsource, highlight the whole thing and then send it to the GPS?  For the record, I've been using Mapsource with various Garmin GPS units over the years, so I know how to use it.  :D

maps4gps

Step 8 in the referenced tutorial is about combining quads/tiles from more than one mapset.
MapSource can only display one mapset at a time - you can build a list (in the box a left) with quads/tiles from more than one mapset before sending them all to the GPSr (gmapsupp.img file).

scotthsi

Thanks, maps4gps!  I didn't realize the tiles were "cumulative" in the left column.  That's exactly what I needed.  Just to build the map and send it all to the GPS as one .img file.  I don't care about being able to see it all on one map in Mapsource.