GPSFileDepot.com

Loading NY Topo map into Basecamp using a Mac

Started by marcygs, March 24, 2010, 03:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcygs

I downloaded and installed NY Topo onto my Oregon 450.  However, I can't get it to come up in Basecamp on my IMac.  It works fine on my PC.  But I see on the Mac my tracks stay on and on the PC they disappear when I unplug the Garmin and I see no way to save anything.  I wanted to be able to walk all the logging trails in my back woods and combine them all on one topo and print. Thanks for any assistance.

maps4gps

I am somewhat unclear on what you actually did.

MapSource is used to install the PC version to a PC; and the appropriate MAC software to install the MAC version to a MAC.

You should be able to save the tracks on the PC using MapSource.

Do you have the latest version of BaseCamp; there have been some recent posts of problems with older version on MACs - but isn't BaseCamp a PC program, or is there also a MAC version?

One of the MAC users/owners will be able to give more help on the MAC.

marcygs

To clarify - I successfully loaded Basecamp and the NY topo on my PC laptop and was able to open it and import my tracks from my Oregon 450.  However, i was not successful on my IMac .  I downloaded the latest Basecamp for Mac with a Garmin rep and then downloaded the NY topo map. When I opened Basecamp I am not able to find the NY topo map.