GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Question about Mapsource?

Started by dec290i, December 09, 2009, 04:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec290i

I just received a new Garmin 60CSx today.I received a cd that was entitled "Trip and Waypoint Manager." I downloaded this to my pc.My question is do I still have to download something from Mapsource on my computer in order to be able to download topo maps onto my gps? Also if so would anything I download conflict with the "Trip and Waypoint Manager"? Other than having a Garmimn etrex I am a newbie to mapping gps equipment.Thanks.

Boyd

Trip and Waypoint manager is just Mapsource. You should be all set to download and install maps from this site.

dec290i

Thanks guys especially for the update info.I went ahead and did the update.Looks to be much improved.I am still trying to find my way around and familiarize myself with this program.It will take me awhile to learn it.

wilson83178

How do you like the 60csx so far, i was thinking about purchasing one.

Seldom

Quote from: wilson83178 on December 10, 2009, 02:42:58 PM

I've got a 3 year old 60CSX and a 3 week old OR 300.  The 60CSX is good, but my side by side comparisons indicate that the OR300 is just as good, or maybe a teensy bit better.  Considering the added features for the OR, I'd buy the OR if I could get it for the same price as the 60CSX.  If not, don't know.

dec290i

Quote from: wilson83178 on December 10, 2009, 02:42:58 PM

I am still learning.Only had it since Wed. afternoon and havent had a lot of time to do anything with it yet. I will be deer hunting this weekend and plan on mapping some trails,rubs,scrapes,etc. and will be trying to transfer those waypoints to a topo map to see if a pattern develops.I know it does a lot more than my eTrex and so far I am happy with yet.I do believe there are some units out there that will do a lot more but I think they are also quite a bit more expensive.I think if I went with something else it would have been for one of the Oregon models.I have less than $300 in the 60CSx including shipping.The other one I was interested in would be over $500.I do think some of  the Oregon models show pics in 3-D if I am not mistaken.I havent had the unit hooked to the computer yet but I have played around with the Trip and Waypoint Manager a little bit in conjunction with some maps I got off this site.