GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Removing Maps on Garmin Venture HC

Started by elktalk101, September 14, 2009, 06:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktalk101

I just bought a new Garmin Venure HC and found your website with free maps.  I downloaded some maps specific for Montana.  Landowner topo and a few more. My problem is I chose to big of an area and now I do not have the room to load any of the overlay maps, (roads, trails etc.)
I can not figure out how to remove the landowner topo so I can make it smaller so as I can load up some of the overlays that I need. Can anyone out there help me. Thanks

latindane

This is the answer that I have found when looking around the forums... what about deleting maps so as to return to the original basemap? I can't pick a map from the mapsource "trip and waypoint manager," so can't overwrite with that one... is there a manual delete that will work?

latindane

Thanks for the reply...

Being the *very* newbie that I am, I had no clue how to do a system reset. I pored around and found these instructions from Andy at http://www.gpsdiscussion.com/introductions/2097-lost-vermont.html:

QuoteWith the unit turned off, press and hold the follow buttons: PAGE + Enter on the click stick. Then press and release the POWER. The unit will power up asking if you want to release all user data. Select yes, and the unit will be reset. After the master reset, place your unit outside, so that it has a clear view of the sky for 25 to 30 minutes for the unit to acquire new almanac data.

I'll go home tonight and give it a try; I wanted to post this in case other newbies like me stumbled upon this post and also don't know how to do a hard reset on the Venture.

latindane

Well, that didn't work; it erases the data like waypoints, tracks, and user preferences (sounds etc) but ibycus is still being mapped.