GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Total Newbie Question

Started by ChrisH, August 10, 2009, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisH

I am going to Colorado for 10 days and I picked up 60csx. I have read the tutorials, but my comprehension must be lacking. I want to get the topo maps for Colorado.

I have downloaded Mapsource and got the most recent update. When I tried to download a map to Mapsource I am not having sucess. I have downloaded one of the free maps but it is not on Mapsource. Any help would be appreciated.

ChrisH

I am not showing any maps in Mapsource. I am not  sure that I set up Mapsource correctly. I found a version of Mapsource hereand downloaded that, but I got a message that said I did not have a previous version of Mapsouce. So, then I used the CD (version 4.0) that came with the GPS and then  but they went to different folders on my computer. 

I can open either folder and get to Mapsource, but there is a "0 Maps" in the lower left.

I downloaded one of the Colorado Topo maps and I have a "red jeep icon" in one of the folders but no map.  ???

maps4gps

If the mapset came as a self-installer version, you need to run the file to install the mapset into MapSource.