GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

rookie mistakes or something is wrong

Started by Outty71, March 12, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outty71

I recently bought a used Magellan TRX7. I updated it. Read the manual. Got a feel for the basics and began downloading files of trails I want to ride that I could not find on the preloaded maps. I've had success with 4 files but none after these.

As I understand, these need to be in GPX format, which I verified. I also verified the files were copied to the SD card and even copied them to a brand new card just to make sure. Imported them per the instructions and the same way I had before, it was quite easy, but this time no luck. I've made a few dozen attempts to import more trails but cannot.

I am downloading these files to my laptop. I have installed a GPX reader app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really stumped here. Thank you in advance.

Boyd

I suggest that you try another website for help with this. GPSFileDepot is an archive of free maps that are only compatible with Garmin GPS units so you're not likely to find other users of the Magellan TRX device here.

joymorgan

I used to be a member of Wayalife, try to check it out. I can't post an external link since I am a newbie.