GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Custom waypoints

Started by MichaelJ07, March 10, 2018, 08:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelJ07

Hello, Back in 2013, I made myself some custom waypoints.  Nothing fancy (used in deer hunting....some water, some blood-looking drops, some silly circle with an orange X through it...stuff like that)  I used these in MapSource and can see them now as waypoints when I bring up those old files.  I have the same GPS unit (trusty 60csx) and the only thing different is my map is now 2018.1 instead of 2013.2.  However that may be, I can still see them in my Map Source if I elect to change the symbol. 

I cannot for the life of me remember where I got those symbols into either MapSource or my unit.  I'm pretty sure I learned that technique here as I really go no other places for anything related to my Garmin stuff.

Can you point me in a direction to edit my waypoint symbols?

Thank you!!!!

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

MichaelJ07

Thank you. 

The link was helpful, but, I have seen these in my 60csx in years past and I can't remember how I got them in there.  Maybe using that "ximage" program?

I don't know what happened to my Garmin stuff since November last, but, I definitely used the red circle and blue circle waypoints in MS and transferred them to my device and then road my motorcycle thousands of miles and saw every one.

Now, when I choose the red circle from either MS or BC and transfer that point to my unit, it comes in as a blue flag (I know what that means.)

I created some waypoints to use in deer hunting, saw them in MS AND saw them in my 60csx AND followed them in the woods.  Now, for some reason, they can't be seen in my 60csx.  The ONLY thing I could have POSSIBLY done different is create new maps on my SD  card and that alone should not change what I had before.  The waypoints on my 60csx do not come from the maps transfered from MS or BC.   I have been doing using these devices for years...some have over 120000 miles on the ODO...just frickin boggles my mind right now.....

Much appreciation to all here for your patience and for sharing your knowledge.  Much appreciation...
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Red90

Yes ximage for that device. Newer devices are simpler.

MichaelJ07

Thank you, Sir.

Silver lining....I didn't delete the program.  :-)