GPSFileDepot.com

"No unlocked maps were found for this device." error

Started by dmjohn1337, June 23, 2017, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmjohn1337

Okay I know other people have had this issue, but I can't figure out how to resolve for my situation. I have Windows 10 and the latest version of BaseCamp. I downloaded WAtopo2011 from this site and am trying to get it on my Garmin etrex 20x. the map folder is in...Garmin>BaseCamp>Maps>Watopo2011. In the map folder are .IMG, .TYP, and .TDB files. I went through a wizard download install so I don't the other protocol applies (with the mapsettoolkit).

When I open BaseCamp I can see my unit on the sidebar (it is registered and updated). when I go to MapInstall my etrex 20x is listed but I get the "No unlocked maps were found for this device." error. I am dying here plz help!!

Red90

Okay.  I'm not clear on what you are seeing.

Do you see the map in Basecamp?

Do you see the map in MapInstall?

Have you transferred the map from Mapinstall to the 20X?

Boyd

dmjohn1337

I dont see the map in Basecamp or MapInstaller. I moved the folder containing all those files into the maps folder for BaseCamp, but when I open BaseCamp I dont see the map. Ultimatly I want this map on my etrex, but so far I have not been able to get this map on anything

Boyd

You should not mess with any of those files directly. The installer will place them where they need to be. Did you follow this tutorial? https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

Note the dropdown menu in step 3 of the tutorial. Do you see your map listed there? Can you view the map in Basecamp? If so, then something strange is happening.

If not, then the map you have chosen may have an old bug that prevents it from properly installing under 64 bit Windows. If that is the case, then remove the map - this is done the same way as uninstalling a program on Windows.

Now download this map - you don't need to use the map, but the process of installing it will create some registry keys that should make the other map work properly: https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/53

After installing, then you can install the WAtopo2011 map again. Be sure that you quit from Basecamp before installing the map. When you open Basecamp again, you should see both maps in the dropdown menu. If this works, then try my MapInstall instructions again.

dmjohn1337

Boyd, I got it all figured out. I was working off the wrong walk-though somehow. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!