GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Can't see mytrails on my 64st

Started by lib, December 17, 2015, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lib

I'm a newbie to the GPS world.  I loaded Northeast USA Topo part 1 and My Trails, it's on a SD card.  The NE topo looks great on the GPS, but I don't see anything of the My Trails images.  I have tried it with only NE topo and the My Trails enabled on the GPS. I zoom in and see nothing.  It looks fine in basecamp. 

I have tried it with only the My Trails map enabled and just see pretty much a blank screen, except for the summit icons - no trails.

Red90

You probably need to zoom in fairly far to see the trails.

lib

Thanks for your reply.   I removed the SD card and loaded "My Trails" to the internal memory and it works fine.   So.. maybe I did something wrong, or the file on the SD card is corrupted, although everything looks OK (16 GB card) when attached to the PC via the GPS. 

Boyd

The card must be formatted FAT32. If not, it will work on your computer but not the GPS. The map file needs to be in a folder named Garmin.

lib

Thanks.  I put the SD card into a reader and checked properties, it is a FAT32 file system.  The Garmin folder is there containing the My Trails (.img), along with the NE Topo part 1 (which comes up fine).

Since it's working great from internal memory, maybe I'll just leave it, or delete the one on the SD card, do a reload, and try it again.