GPSFileDepot.com

How to Load Garmin Map into GPS62sc Memory

Started by c17rocky, April 26, 2014, 01:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c17rocky

My newly purchased Garmin GPSmap 62sc has a mini SD card slot and 3.5GB internal memory. I have also purchased the Garmin City Navigator NT for 2014 in the mini SD format with the apparently mistaken understanding that this set of maps could be installed into the GPS memory leaving the card slot available for an SD card containing various downloaded maps from GPSFileDepot and custom maps. Is it possible for this map set be loaded internally in this Garmin leaving the card slot free and if so, please, I need guidance on how it may be done.  I would be happy if I could load segments of the map like we did in some older Garmin units.

c17rocky

UP DATE--  After submitting the above post I discovered the earlier post by Oz, "How Do I Load Maps On My GPS Unit?"  Following the provided tutorial in Oz's post & using Map Source, everything looked perfect,  the file transfer to my GPS unit was complete.  After disconnecting the data cable and starting the unit I was given the bold message on my screen "Cannot Unlock Maps".  Why is this?  Is the GPS receiver seeing this set of maps a pirated copy?  With the mini SD card in the GPS's slot, the City Navigator performs correctly.  Any comments?  Is there a way to use my legal copy of this program this way?

Indrid Cold

Your City Navigator will only work on your microSD card, you can't copy it internal memory and remove the card. You bought the card, you have to use the card. Contact GARMIN for service on their maps.

Our maps are all custom made and work with that gps without any copy protection.