GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Mapwel with Garmin Dezl unit

Started by blakejones78, March 14, 2014, 01:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakejones78

Hello, my name is Blake Jones.  I work for an electric cooperative in Jacksonville, AR.  I am attempting to put our electric distribution system onto a Dezl GPS unit using Mapwel software. I have got all our conductor onto it with relative ease.  However, loading our poles, consumers, POI is proving to be quite difficult. I have downloaded POI loader, but I don't think that I will be able to use that method. Another man told me that he was able to get POI onto the Dezl unit using Mapwel.  Does anyone know how this is done correctly. I can get them to appear on the unit, but they are not searchable. If anyone has any advice, suggestions, or help they can give me, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Blake Jones :)

Indrid Cold

Please don't cross post, I've deleted you other duplicate post.

blakejones78

Okay. I sure won't. I'm sorry. I just really need help.

Thank you,

Blake Jones

Boyd

I actually have Mapwel and a Dezl, but am not clear about what you're doing and haven't used Mapwel in quite awhile. I think very few people at gpsfiledepot use Mapwel.

I suggest that you ask your questions in Mapwel's support forums, there should be people there who can help:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mapwel/conversations/messages

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/mapwel-forum

blakejones78

Boyd,

Thank you for replying. Believe me, I have posted on those forums. I have been at this project for at least a month now and I am so ready to be done.  I got all of our lines onto the Dezl unit very easily, because they are not searchable.  The POI is really what i am having the most trouble with.  If I import them as map features they show up on the Dezl with the name above them, but they aren't searchable. If I convert the map features to POI or just load them in as POI originally-they don't appear on the screen, nor are they searchable (via name or comment). That is basically my issue. i feel it is probably something very simple that I am missing or doing wrong, but I don't know what it is.  Anyways, I appreciate your help, Boyd.

Thanks,

Blake jones

Boyd

When you use the map, are you disabling City Navigator on the GPS? Or is your map a transparent overlay that is enabled at the same time as City Navigator?

Also, if the Dezl is behaving differently from a Nuvi, what mode is it in? Try setting the Dezl for Automotive mode, that should disable the special POI data that is used for truck-specific purposes.

blakejones78

I guess it would be the second option. I am making my maps transparent so we can still see the base road layer underneath (that comes on the unit).  And I checked the mode and it was set for automobile mode. Thanks for the tips! Please feel free to tell me anything you can think of.