Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Creating Nautical Charts

Started by DaKine, May 20, 2009, 11:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbob94

Quote from: leszekp on June 03, 2009, 09:19:51 PM
Hi Oz,

I emailed you a copy of my navigation chart tutorial last Saturday, along with a sample set of maps created in the tutorial; sounds like you didn't get it. Let me know, and I'll figure out an alternate way to send it to you.

Leszek

Thanks for taking the time to do that. Right, I didn't get them.  Here are a few emails that work for me:

[email protected][email protected]; [email protected]

I'm still pluggin away. I downloaded chart 14928 which is just a one .kap file  i got to teh point where I created the tiles but now can't get them into Mapsource.  I'm documenting my steps so we can work out a tutorial for this since I think this is a great feature for Colorado users who don't want to spend the dough on the garmin map dvd.

Thanks,

Robert

leszekp

Yes, I did mail them to Oz, and he'll put it up soon (he's really busy right now with work). But I also emailed a copy of it directly to Bob; hope to hear whether it was useful or not.

Bob has an Oregon, and regular Moagu maps don't work with the Oregon. He's trying out the BMaP2MP utility, which should work with those.

-Oz-

It'll go up today.

Work was a bit nuts (stupid inspections); but I'm ready to rock now.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Got it up: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/creating-raster-noaa-charts-for-garmin-gps-units-with-moagu/

Thanks Leszek; now I just have to shrink the couple images that mess with the design.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

leszekp

Thanks, Dan, and also thanks for creating installers for the Nantucket map I used in the tutorial. Let me know if there's anything else you need. And obviously, if anyone runs into problems with the tutorial, drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do about making it better.

-Oz-

fixed that; it didn't have that error until I went back to add a link to the new map.

Good catch
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!