GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

maps won't import to basecamp

Started by Chutson, March 06, 2014, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutson

using windows 7 with basecamp successfully installed i can't get north cumberland ohv (Tennessee) to import. any suggestions?

Chutson

ok, i got my triails installed and north cumberland ohv installed..both show in the drop down list but all i get when i open is a blank white rectangle..any thoughts?

Indrid Cold

Boyd

MyTrails is an "overlay" that only includes trails and POI's. So there will be many blank areas with nothing (because there aren't any trails there). Even if there are trails and POI's in the area you're viewing, they will only appear as a few lines and dots. MyTrails  is intended to be used with another map, such as a topo. On the GPS you would enable BOTH MyTrails AND the Topo then. This adds the trails to the topo map.

However it works differently in basecamp. You can only display ONE map at a time in Basecamp, so you can't combine MyTrails with the topo on the computer. You can only do that on the GPS itself. Now the Basecamp software developers have stated that *someday* they will provide the capability of displaying multiple maps at the same time on the computer. They were also clear that this isn't a high priority item, so don't hold your breath while you wait for them to implement it. ;)