News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Map for Utah, Arizona and Nevada

Started by msr206, November 16, 2013, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msr206

Hallo @ all,
At first I want to say hello to all of you  :) I come from Switzerland and next summer we will driving around in the USA, our trip will take about 4 weeks and we would like to visit Utah, Arizona and Nevada. Therefore I'm looking for some good or exactly map for hiking. I'm using the Garmin Oregon 650.

Thank you very much
Best regards
Marcel

Seldom

Welcome to the desert. 8)

This one maybe? http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/701/

It's routable, and most road and trail data is from OpenStreetMap.  Some trail data is also from my hikes.  It has 40 foot contours, is routable, shows public and private land ownership, and wooded areas, although in this part of the country lots of the woods are 10 feet tall junipers.

I've got some firsthand knowledge of Bryce, Zion, Capitol Reef, Great Basin, Canyonlands and Arches, and am a southwest Utah resident.  If you have any questions you think I could help with, PM me.

msr206

Can you recommend me some others Maps for this area?
Regards
Marcel

Seldom

you can get routable maps (without contours) from garmin.openstreetmap.nl and non-routable maps of  individual states from gpsfiledepot.  Can't really recommend any of the gpsfiledepot maps because I only use my own, but I'd probably select the "top US topos", with a transparent overlay of trails.