GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Montana 600 - Sharing Wirelessly

Started by the wanderer, March 15, 2013, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the wanderer

Have a Montana 600 and attempted to both send and receive info from 2 other 600"s but all we got was "listening for another unit to begin sending (receiving) data" but never connected. All units were withing 'inches" of each other. Is there a "trick" to this???

Indrid Cold

ANT+ has always worked on both my Oregon 450 and Montana 650t, data transfers & external sensors. Can you provide more information? I take it once you set one unit up to receive and it it listening, you then send from another unit?

babj615

Quote from: Indrid Cold on March 15, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
ANT+ has always worked on both my Oregon 450 and Montana 650t, data transfers & external sensors. Can you provide more information? I take it once you set one unit up to receive and it it listening, you then send from another unit?

I have an Oregon 300, Colorado 400t, Oregon 450, Oregon 550t, Montana 650, and Oregon 650, all of which have ANT+ wireless transfer capabilities.

I consistently have no success sending/receiving data when my Montana 650 is involved, while my other units work most of the time.

The new Oregon 650 is VERY fast over bluetooth.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Indrid Cold

Quote from: babj615 on March 16, 2013, 01:00:09 AM
I consistently have no success sending/receiving data when my Montana 650 is involved, while my other units work most of the time.
Sounds like you got a dud, mine always works. I see the term "bug" thrown around liberally with no evidence that it isn't a hardware issue. As mine and many other work, make me doubt that it's a bug. Having work in the electronic manufacturing field, I know first hand that component failures/tolerances can play an role in this sort of issue.

the wanderer

Thanks folks for your replies.  I guess I will (gulp!) contact Garmin for help on this matter!

Indrid Cold

It should work, here are a couple screen shots I just took, Montana 650t w/heart-rate monitor (1.bmp).

Then both an Oregon 450 (3.bmp) and the Montana tethered to the same sensor (2.bmp).

Transfers between the two also work without problems.

deciacco

My buddy and I both use Montana 600. They are identical with the exact same firmware and same map. Currently on 5.10. We found that if we remove the SD cards from both devices the wireless transfer works. We both use Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC format with FAT32. We need more testing, so I'd be curious to know if those of you having trouble have SD cards in your devices.