GPSFileDepot.com

Unable to load Custom Map BaseCamp MapInstall - unable to select tiles

Started by ChrisB, January 18, 2013, 04:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisB

Good Afternoon Friends,

I have created a custom map using many of the steps in this tutorial:
/how-to-create-garmin-topo-maps/
I am an ArcGIS user and so some of the datasets (roads for example) I developed using ArcMap.  I believe I got the format of those right to make GlobalMapper happy.  The .mp files created in step 8 and the img files created in part 9 look just fine when viewed in GPSMapEdit.  The preview, setup, and installation files appeared to work fine.  I installed the resulting .exe on my computer and can see it in both BaseCamp and in MapSource.

However, I am not able to upload these to my Garmin GPSMap 60CSx.  When I use BaseCamp, in the MapInstall section, I select Continue after selecting the device - and I get an error message.  See the attached .doc for screen shots of this message (the shots are the same screen, just with the error messaged panned down a bit more in each one.  In MapSource, I select the Map Tool I can't get any 'tile' outlines to appear so that I can select them for loading.

I am guessing the problem is perhaps in my preview file . . . any suggesting, ideas, thoughts, would be much appreciated!!!

Also, I have included on the attached .doc:
-Screen shot of release_v1.00 directory (page 5)
-screen shot of installed dir for this map (page 6)

I have also attached the .nsi file I used.

Seldom

You don't say what compiler you are using.  cgpsmapper? mkgmap?  What are your command lines and arguments or batch file text?  I haven't read yours, but if you are using Oz's standard NSI template I'm pretty sure the problem doesn't lie there.  Are you using cpreview to generate your preview file?  If so, again, what command line?