GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Maps not showing up on Oregon 450

Started by rasherry, October 16, 2012, 07:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasherry

I downloaded the Wisconsin and Minnesota topo maps, installed them on my oregon 450 but am not able to get them to show up.  I can enable/disable them from the set up menu and I have tried enabling only 1 at a time, in combination with the worldwide map that came with the unit or all on.  All of the maps show up in Basecamp on my mac. 

I stopped into REI where I bought it from and the rep there said my problem was not having an SD card installed.  I bought a card, reinstalled all the maps onto the SD card but still unable to see any of the map features on my handheld.

What am I missing?

Seldom

What are you seeing for a map? And, what other maps do you have on your OR?   If you have City Navigator on the OR it will probably overlay anything else, and you will need to disable it.

rasherry

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have city navigator on my 450.  I have installed the mti_mn,  mti_wi, motopo and My Trails of a few different places along with the worldwide map that came with the unit.

I've tried different combinations of maps enabled and currently have only the wi tops enabled.  All I see on the screen is lakes, rivers and city names. 

I've recently updated the software and have confirmed that I have the newest versions.  I checked and do have the gmapsupp.img file on my SD card.

maps4gps

Displaying a contour map without contours has usually been a profile issue.
Use the recreational profile.  If using it, use another, the change back to recreational.  This has been a long standing issue since Garmin introduced profiles.

My 'mti' series ostate topo maps were replaced in May-June, 2011 by what you have for motopo.

rasherry

Stopped back into REI and put my SD card into another 450 and found all the maps showing up.  They figured there was a defect in the unit and swapped it out with a new one.  The new one is working liking a charm :)

maps4gps