GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 dies, but great service from Garmin!

Started by vansiclenr, October 09, 2012, 03:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vansiclenr

After just over a month, and only one week of outdoor use, my Garmin 450 died.  Would not power up when power button was pressed, although the computer-garmin screen would come up when I plugged the unit into the computer.  Called Garmin Monday. Support ran through some over-the-phone diagnostics, then issued a return authorization.  Mailed Tuesday.  On Thursday I received an email saying they had received it.  Also on Thursday I received an email saying they had shipped a new unit.  I received it today, Tuesday.  I registered it, called Garmin, got the account set up so that City Navigator could be moved from the old GPS to the new one.  I am happy.
   Has anyone else had an Oregon turn into a brick?

babj615

Why, yes. Yes I have.

I have an Oregon 300, 400t, 450, and 550t.

NONE of them are the same unit I originally purchased. They have all bricked.

A friend liked my Oregon 450 and picked one up about a year ago, and his just bricked last week. TWO weeks out of warranty.  And Garmin told him 'Tough Bananas.'

All Oregons Brick. IMHO.

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Indrid Cold

Nothing but good luck with our Oregons. Once a firmware upgrade didn't take right, but was able to recover the unit with a rollback.