GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

OK in basecamp, but cannot see on my GPS

Started by pigeontown, September 03, 2012, 10:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigeontown

Being new to the GPS world, I may be missing something obvious here...
I have downloaded windows version of MyTrials, Minnesota Topo and the BWCA Campsites and portages Maps.
I understand I cannot overlay them in BaseCamp, they seem to be in good shape when viewed individually.  The BWCA Campsites and portages map shows the campsites when zoomed into 0.2mi = 1 inch on my monitor.
But when downloaded to my eTrex 20, (through Basecamp) I cannot see the campsites. 
I have downloaded each 3 different times now, thinking I may have got a bad download, but I simply cannot seem to be able to view the campsites on my GPS unit - this has me wondering if there is a setting on my GPS I need to turn on in order to see the campsites and portages.
Any help would be appreciated

Boyd

Not familiar with the menu structure on the new eTrex, but look at the map settings for "zoom levels". It may be under an "advanced" submenu. Make sure that "map points" are set for "auto". You might also want to set map detail to "most" while you're at it.

We had a similar post recently and this was the issue, so it's worth a try. :)

pigeontown

Thanks for the info - I went to the set up menu, and found the "map points" were already set to "auto" but the map detail was set at "normal."  I changed this setting to "most"

...it still only shows the way points I entered, not the ones from the map

I will look for similar posts for ideas

...any other ideas?

Seldom

Try Setup>Map>Advanced Map Setup > Text Size > Map Points