GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin Montana 600 Track Manager

Started by Bowman, August 05, 2012, 07:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowman

I cannot find the track manager on my Montana 600 unit. Please help.

Boyd

I didn't take it - honest - I wasn't even in town!  ;D

Seriously, there are two different menus that control tracks. Setup > Tracks allows you to control how they are recorded. But the "track manager" is found on the main menu pages. I have customized my Montana way beyond recognition, so I don't remember where it originally was, but you will find it on one of the main menus - use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to flip between pages. The track manager allows you to save, delete and customize your tracks.

It's possible that you might have removed it from the menu. If so, you can add it back using Setup > Main Menu. You can also move it to another menu page this way if you like.

Bowman

Boyd, thanks for the quick reply but I can't find it anywhere. It's not on the main page,setup page or anywhere. Serious. I have waypoint manager but not track manager.

SmugWimp

In theory, it 'speaks' of it on Page 14. But I don't have a Montana...

static.garmincdn.com/pumac/Montana_600_OM_EN.pdf

Cheers!

-- Smug

In a nutshell, I get claustrophobic.

Bowman

Yes, I know what the icon looks like from the Garmin site and all but I cannot find it no where. This sucks.  :'(

Boyd

Trust me, it's there. I have a Montana 600 myself. As mentioned above, there are a number of main menu pages. Have you flipped through all of them using the arrows at the bottom of the screen?

But since the Montana is so customizable, you might have accidently deleted it or moved it. You can add it back using Setup > Main Menu as I described above.

Bowman

It's driving me nuts. I can't find it any place.  :'(

Bowman

randn1989

Might have been nice if you shared how you found your manager again. As for myself I've had to change profiles to one of  the preloaded profiles in order to 'find' stuff I've lost or missplaced. In addition there is always the option to reset and get everything back like new again.