GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Routable settings in Etrex 20

Started by larryb, May 08, 2012, 07:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryb

I have an Etrex 20 with 24k routable maps from Garmin. What should the settings be in the Garmin to enable trail routes that show routable routes on the unit. I'm referring to the Route Settings e.g. in Guidance Method (On Road for time vs. Off Road) and in the Lock on Road (yes or no). I've heard different things when referring to hiking settings. I have it in Recreational Profile.

Seldom

When hiking I generally use On Road for Distance.  But I normally use it to determine the distance remaining in a single leg of a hike using Where To and then selecting a waypoint at the other end of the leg.  If you need to create a more complex route, you'll need to add via points.

larryb

Thanks! Will lock on road on "yes" follow the trail whereby "no" won't follow it?

Indrid Cold

Quote from: larryb on May 08, 2012, 11:13:17 AM
Thanks! Will lock on road on "yes" follow the trail whereby "no" won't follow it?
Both will follow the trail, you want to navigate "On Road" to follow the trail. "Lock on Road" will pan the map to your POS when navigating "On Road" only when using an autorouting map.