GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

getting IMG into Mapsource

Started by KayakingPeter, April 08, 2009, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayakingPeter

A friend sent me a local map he had made up, which I would like to see in Mapsource so I can see what it has.  He sent 3 files, which he described as:

Polish format (.mp) for GPSMapEdit
cGPSMapper Format (.img) for loading into your GPS
Ozi Explorer (.map) for using a background image

The maps I have downloaded from here all had some sort of automated script to load them into Mapsource.  Can someone explain the manual process so I can load this guy in and see what it is?

Of course, if the map is any good, I will post it here.

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

KayakingPeter

Thanks.

Seems to be having some sort of issue.  Gets a "convert failed" error.  I think it is related to step 17, as I don't have a .typ, nor do I know what to use for a text file to compile into a .typ.  Only files that came to me were the .img, .mp, and .map. 

I tried it by leaving it blank, but that didn't work.  Tried making a blank text file of the same name as the .img file, but that didn't work ("convert failed: cannot compile TYP file" error).

KayakingPeter

Step 17, just leave it blank if you don't have a .TYP file and it works so it's not that.
what is the file name of your .img file? It needs to be an 8 digit number such as: 12345678.img

Yeah, it won't let me bring the file in unless it is named with an 8 digit number, so that doesn't seem to be it.

I got it.  Seems I hadn't copied all of the files for the CGPSMapper file into the folder, so it was missing a file it needed.  I put them all there and it ran fine this time.

Thanks for all the help!