News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

TYP Files

Started by kingpin, March 03, 2012, 12:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingpin

How To Load .img Files Into MapSource or BaseCamp With MapSetToolkit

My question relates to the above tutorial can anybody tell me what the TYP file is and where I might find it? All I want do is load an unlocked img file into MapSource then send it to my device, should this typ file be with the img file, because it isn't.
Thanks in advance

Boyd

What is the source of the "unlocked img file". Most people on this site are reluctant to discuss ways to modify the work of another mapmaker...

kingpin

A friend let me have it on a disc and I don't know for certain but would guess he downloaded it, why is that the problem.

Boyd

Because some people use these techniques to make illegal copies of copyrighted work and the mapmakers on this site are generally very supportive of intellectual property rights.

kingpin

OK Boyd point taken, It all started when I asked him how to view my preinstalled map of Europe on a c340 StreetPilot in MapSource or BaseCamp of which both programs recognised my device but can`t view the map.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: kingpin on March 03, 2012, 01:04:00 PM
OK Boyd point taken, It all started when I asked him how to view my preinstalled map of Europe on a c340 StreetPilot in MapSource or BaseCamp of which both programs recognised my device but can`t view the map.
MapSource will not display preloaded maps, BaseCamp will display pre-programmed datacards. You will need to report on the Garmin forums for help with this.

https://forums.garmin.com/

colopaddler

Kingpin,

My friend gave me a map cd that he no longer uses..LakemasterV6. He also gave me the unlock code for it. Here is what I found.....I downloaded the map and installed the codesfor it on my Mac...This allowed me to open, View and even print map info....However, because it was a Garmin product and was  registered under his Garmin GPS, Garmin would not allow the unlock for my Garmin GPS when I went to their site for the unlock......I later found out that Lakemaster is nothing more than Minnesota paper DNR maps and that the contour I was looking for basically was not even close to the reported actual GPS locations....just thought I would pass this info along.....cheers