GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Having issues

Started by Nodrama43, January 12, 2012, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodrama43

Hello,  I have Base Camp loaded and working on my laptop. I also have a 60CSx with a 2gig card installed. When I download and install maps I am getting files that are image files that need to be burned to a cd?  I am lost here and even after reading the tutorials I am lost.

After downloading the maps and installing them I am unable to open them.  Not sure what I am doing worng.

maps4gps

Being specific about which maps would be helpful as not all mapsets are created equal.
Are you using Windows 7 on a 64-bit PC?
I am not aware of any mapsets downloadable from gpsfiledepot that need to be burned to a cd. 

Nodrama43

i have no idea if i have a 64bit pc.  I will try to figure that out.

Seldom

The IMG files are not disk images.  They are maps.

Nodrama43

yippee.....got it figured out.  loaded the Mytrails setup and then ohio loaded fine.  Now just have to figure out how to get it onto the gps and its all good.... :)

still searching and reading tutorials to learn it.

Seldom

Since you have a 60CSX you can only have one gmapsupp.img.  That means you've got to select and send all the maps you want at once. See the tutorial.  Also, be aware that if you're sending a large number of maps the 60CSX is really slow.  You'll get it done much faster if you send the maps to a USB2.0 card reader.

maps4gps

'loaded the Mytrails setup and then ohio loaded fine' - that is an issue with Windows7 on a 64-bit PC.  I think most PC sold in the past 2 1/2 years have been 64-bit.

Seldom

Quote from: Nodrama43 on January 12, 2012, 05:03:35 PM
i have no idea if i have a 64bit pc.  I will try to figure that out.

On Win7:
Control Panel | System and Security | System  will tell you whether you have 64bit OS and how much memory you've got.