GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Sony Navigator GPS Series

Started by GPS User, December 31, 2011, 10:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPS User

I own 2 Sony NV-U94T GPS units.  I bought them several years ago.  Sony has since abdicated its place in the consumer market. leaving me and possibly ens of thousands of owners and potential future customers of map software for all the Navigator Series GPS units up the creek in the lurch.  Not only does Sony not provide any technical support whatsoever, they do not service the Navigator hardware, or software either.  I do understand, rightly or wrongly, Sony wrote its own firmware for the units, but used NAVTEQ to write the software, i. e. map programs.  I was able to  search the Internet, locate a TORRENT program, and download and install the last map software program, Sony made available for the Navigator series,i. e. North American 2009a.  Can I buy a commercial software map program for my Sony NV-U94T?

Seldom

That's probably a question for Sony or Navteq.  We provide third party Garmin maps on this site.  FYI Navteq provides map data for many GPSr manufacturers.

GPS User

Sorry, I thought I mde my problem clear.  Sony has written off me and X thousands of old customers and owners like me of Navigator models off. NAVTEQ if it ever wrote Sony software for the Navigator Series stopped
doing so some time ago. Either Sony"s copyrights of hardware or software
have expired yet or gone into the public domain or else Sony will not colla-borate with anyone to let them write new map software, not even for royalty rights.

I asked, or thought I did, if there are software firms that write map software that someone out there (forum folk) could refer me to. Sorry, to have bothered you good Garmin folk, so I will now go away and not bother all of you anymore.