GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

oregon 450 & Basecamp

Started by ODX, October 16, 2011, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODX

I'm getting better at working with basecam, I actually enjoy using it vs Mapsource. But I do need help now and then (alot) lol.

I took my son Hunter and our ATVs out yesterday and we did some geo-caching it was a blast
I thought I could come home plug the 450 in and load base-camp and it would show my found caches but it didn't and I haven't been able to figure if there is a way other then to do each individually

Any help would be appreciated
TIA...
'nuff said!

margo

I am trying to get used to basecamp myself. Apparently you have to go into file, then import. You navigate to your gps folder garmin, and in there somewhere are .gpx files.

When you save a waypoint it is saved in a .gpx file in this folder. This is also where your caches are. When I get a PQ, I rename it something descriptive so I don't have to figure out which one is the one with the geocaches.

I don't have mine plugged in now, I'm not sure how the found ones will show up. YOu can select "all data" when you are importing (I think) and that should get them all.

HOpe this helps, I don't have my gpsr plugged in now to confirm part of this process.